Request for White Papers on Training of DHS Customs and Border Protection Frontline Personnel
This solicitation invites white paper proposals to make recommendations for four training products for the Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The training products of interest are:
1) Biosecurity at the borders
2) CBP worker safety at the borders
3) CBP Agriculture Specialist roles in pandemics and epidemics
4) Agricultural bioterrorism training
Please note that each product represents the development of a single training curriculum, and respondents should identify for which area/distinct product they propose to develop training. Proposed projects should achieve measurable results in a 12-month period or less. Understanding that the time available to CBP frontline personnel to receive training is extremely limited, proposed training products must be succinct (able to be delivered in a short course less than five days in length) and flexible (able to be either integrated into basic training or delivered as field-based training).
All training products must incorporate a train-the-trainer component, as content will be transitioned to CBP upon completion. Expected steps for the development process must include the following tasks:
– Work with CBTS staff, DHS Project Champion and/or CBP working group to establish basic training product outline and to collect relevant case studies
– Curriculum development into master presentation(s), student handouts and instructor manual(s)
– Live-audience pilot delivery (virtual or face-to-face)
– Curriculum modification based on post-pilot feedback
– Virtual or face-to-face Train-the-Trainer session
– Hand-off of training to CBP Office of Training and Development
Deadline and Submission Information
White papers must be received by 11/5/21, 12:00 PM (Central U.S. Time). White papers must be submitted to CBTS at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. All questions regarding this solicitation, whether technical or procedural in nature, must be directed to the main CBTS email address at CBTS@ag.tamu.edu.